Home > Programs,
Activities, Classes > Youth Programs
Any outside organizations that are interested in bringing a group of 10
or more children, please contact Main Library to set up a
visit for a program. (Call the Head of Youth Services at 219-931-5100,
Ext. 330). Programs begin promptly at the time listed. If you are
running late, please join us for the next program time.
1-2-3 Read to Me (kindergarten through 3rd grade)
Looking for fun activities for children in kindergarten through 3rd grade?
Sign up for our new 1-2-3 Read to Me story time!
Kids will hear stories read by volunteer readers from FedEx Hammond, and
they will do an activity together. 1-2-3 Read to Me is a series of three
sessions on these Saturdays from 1 to 2:30 p.m.:
Parents and caregivers are encouraged to attend. Register by March
13 by visiting Youth Services.
This program is brought to you by Lake Area United Way, FedEx Hammond,
Hammond Reads, and the Hammond Public Library.
Babies and Books (Ages 0 through 18 months)
Thursdays at 10 a.m.
Join us on the following dates to hear stories and to learn new songs and
rhymes to help your baby’s mind grow!
- Thurs., March 6 & 20 at 10 a.m.
Tiny Tots (Ages 18 months through 2)
Thursdays at 10:30 a.m.
Join us on the following dates to sing songs, learn rhymes, and play!
- Thursday, March 6 & 20 at 10:30 a.m.
- Thursday, April 3 and 17 at 10 a.m.
2’s and 3’s (Ages 2 through 3)
Thursdays at 11 a.m.
- Thursday, March 6 at 11 a.m. – Let’s celebrate the
letter “E”! Join us for a story about all things that start
with the letter “E.” Please bring something that starts with
the letter “E” to show.
- Thursday, March 20 at 11 a.m. – Let’s celebrate the
letter “F”! Join us for a story about all things that start
with the letter “F.” Please bring something that starts with
the letter “F” to show.
- Thursday, April 3 at 11 a.m. – Let’s celebrate the
letter “G”! Join us for a story about all things that start
with the letter “G.”Please bring something that starts with the
letter “G” to show.
- Thursday, April 17 at 11 a.m. – Let’s celebrate the
letter “H”! Join us for a story about all things that start
with the letter “H.” Please bring something that starts with
the letter “H” to show.
Little Listeners (Ages 3 through 5)
Tuesdays at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 4 at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. – Let’s share
stories, songs, and crafts about weather!
- Tuesday, March 18 at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. – Spring has
sprung! Join us for stories, songs, and crafts about this wonderful
- Tuesday, April 15 at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. – Hop on in for
stories, songs, and fingerplays about bunnies!
Kids Can 2! (Ages 6 through 8)
Tuesdays at 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 25 at 4:00 p.m., Have you heard of the
“Domino Effect”? Join us to learn different
ways of playing Dominoes.
- Tuesday, April 22 at 4:00 p.m., It’s Earth
Day! Celebrate our planet by learning different ways to save it.
We will also make a “Sundae Special” out of a recycled water
Just for Tweens (Ages 9 through 13)
- Mon., March 17 at 4 p.m.— Get your mosaic on! Join us to
make a mosaic monogram with all things recycled to hang on
- Thursday, April 24 at 4 p.m., Look at those blooming May
flowers! Join us to learn about flowers in our area, and craft a
flower out of thread.
Tween Lego Club (Ages 9 through 13)
Create with the library's Legos!
- Mon., March 10 at 4 p.m.
- Mon., April 14 at 4 p.m.
After-School Movie (Ages 6 through 13)
- Wednesday, March 5 at 4 p.m., The Princess and the
Frog: Celebrate Women’s History Month with us, and see
if Tiana can make her dreams come true. Popcorn will be served while
- Wednesday, April 9 at 4:00 p.m.,
Planes: Join us to see if Dusty Crophopper can
overcome his fear of heights. Popcorn will be served while supplies
Family Fun Hour
- Saturday, March 22 at 1 p.m. Try out your senses as a family!
Taste, touch, and smell before trying your hand at
- Saturday, April 19 at 1 p.m., April is National Poetry
Month. Join us to read different poetry styles, and try your hand
at your own!
- Friday, March 21 at 11 a.m., Celebrate Women’s
History Month as we discuss women inventors and their impact on
- Friday, April 11 at 11 a.m., How much do you know about
our state? Join us to learn facts and trivia about Indiana.
Thursday, March 13 at 6 p.m.
If you are thinking about sending your child to preschool in the fall, then
this is the program for you! Participating preschools will be here to provide
you with the necessary information, and to answer any of your questions. Join
us in the Community Room anytime between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.
The Hammond Public Library and Calumet College of St. Joseph offer FREE
reading tutoring to students in kindergarten-12th grade. This is a walk-in
service! Call Youth Services at 219-931-5100, ext. 336 for more information.
© Hammond Public Library, 564 State Street, Hammond, Indiana 46320,